"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yeah Me!

I don't consider myself to be completely new to the world of blogging, but something new and fun did happen today.  Sarah at Not So Silent Mommy honoured me with an award for being a blog she enjoys to read.  A nice compliment!



The idea is that when you receive the award you share 7 things about yourself and then pass it on to 7 other bloggers.  I don't usually go in for things like this when they are emails or on Facebook, but sometimes when you are blogging it can feel a little like talking to yourself.  This seems like a great way to let others know you are reading, relating and enjoying.  So here goes nothing!

7 things you maybe didn't know about me:

  1. I'm the oldest of three.
  2. I married my high school sweetheart.
  3. I was born, grew-up and now live my adult life all in the same southwestern Ontario town.  Crazy and unadventurous, I know!
  4. I am addicted to chai lattes, and even buy the same mix that Starbucks uses so I can make them at home.
  5. I hate feet!  I won't touch them and I don't like bare feet touching me.  Yuck!
  6. My favourite way to spend a day, aside from being with my family, is in my pajamas with a good book.
  7. I think that people who say they live life without regrets are lying because regrets are lessons learned.  Regrets propel us forward.
Now I'm suppose to pass the award forward to 7 blogs I enjoy.  I've decided to switch things up a little and I'm going to list a combo of blogs I enjoy, and new blogs I've recently discovered and look forward to exploring more.  Check them out!  (In no particular order.)
  1. Foster and Boo
  2. Icing & Crumbs
  3. Is There Any Mommy Out There?
  4. Raising Three Thinkers
  5. Stray Matter
  6. The Bitchin' Wives Club
  7. Modded Mama
Thanks again to Sarah at Not So Silent Mommy.  Blogging is an adventure in group therapy and mommy-networking like none other.  It is so nice to know that others are reading along and hopefully enjoying!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me! I posted it here: http://fosterandboo.blogspot.com/2011/06/redecorating.html

    I'll follow through with it later this week. You're right; it is so nice to know that others are reading along and enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:)

    I love spending time in my pj's too:)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honourable mention! And the award! I feel so special... Seriously, I'm new to the blogging world and I had no idea people did stuff like this.

    I will get on a post about this over at Stray Matter asap!

    And I'm looking forward to checking out the other blogs on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done and done!

    http://straymatteroffact.blogspot.com/2011/06/lovin-your-bloggin-neighbours.html

    ReplyDelete