"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Monday, June 6, 2011

Appreciations.

Time for another Appreciations post.   I'm going to dedicate today's appreciations all to Molly on her second birthday, but before I do there are some special appreciations I'd like to share.

First, I'd like to thank Sarah at Not So Silent Mommy for choosing one of my posts at a favourite.  What a great compliment!  Thanks Sarah!  Second, thanks to all the readers who made the trip from Not So Silent Mommy to come and see me.  I read quite a few nice comments this weekend and really appreciate the kind words.  Looking forward to sharing about me and reading about you too!

*          *          *

Now back to Miss. Molly on her second birthday.  Let me say that again...SECOND birthday....GULP!  Where does the time go?  Where did my baby go?  Rather than be morose and sad that my baby is growing too fast I'm going to spend my day appreciating everything about her.  So here it goes, Appreciations for Molly:

Love that she loves to cuddle.  

Quick to share her hugs and kisses with everyone.

Molly's manners, "Peassse" and "Gank ouuu, elcome!"  And yes, she says "elcome" for you before you can say, "You are welcome!"

Tight ringlets just at the back of her neck.

Colour of her eyes, that no one can quite describe.

Beauty mark on her lip.

She still smells like a baby.

Terrific fake laugh, yes fake.

Thinks "faaarttts" are the funniest thing in the world.

And, loves "boooobieeees" too! (Can be embarrassing in public, but oddly comical too!)

Thinks babies, puppies and most other animals are "cuuuute".

Actually likes to clean-up as much as she enjoys making a mess.

Singing. Dancing.

Knock-knock jokes with Sophie.

Insists on iPod music.

Must walk everywhere, but still loves the stroller too.

Her blankie.

Ma, Mama, Mommy, MOMMMEEEE!

Giggling on the potty, hilarious.

"Pitty dess" aka "pretty dress".

Water baby, even if it is freezing cold sprinkler water.

THINKS she is a big kid.

No fear, even if it makes me fearful.

And then there is this.....

A girl who loves to have all the control, Elmo's Keyboard-o-rama and the sunshine.  
Happy 2nd Birthday, Molly!

4 comments:

  1. First off,, Thank you for thanking me. Although, there is need to! You deserve it and I love your posts!!
    Second,, Molly sounds like the cutest little thing ever!! So many of her points sound just like my Lylah! And .. I LOVE her name. If by some miracle,,, I had a 3rd girl, I would definitely be calling her Molly!! Happy Birthday Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the kind words. I have a funny feeling that Lylah and Molly would make excellent playmates!

    A THIRD girl...that makes me pause for a minute because I couldn't imagine. I love the name Molly too, but it is just her blog-alias. When I started blogging I wanted to maintain a degree of anonymity so I gave us all aliases! Here is the post where I "re-named" my family!

    http://thetightropewalk-mom.blogspot.com/2010/09/anonymity-and-little-more-about-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, 'Sadie'. 'Molly' sounds adorable (love that name too). I must remember to do a similar post for my little guy on his birthday later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's a great Alias,, she's lucky!! lol..
    There won't be a third girl for me, that is for sure!! Even though her name isn't Molly, I still think that her and Lylah would get along great!! lol

    I've awarded you!! Pop over to check it out!!
    Hope your birthday girl had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete