"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Summer Bucket List

I'm not really a big fan of the bucket list idea.  The cynical, critical side of me says, "Why do you need a list to encourage you to live life?  Just go live."  Meanwhile the honest, Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder side whispers in my ear, "The only reason you dislike bucket lists so much is that you aren't adventurous enough to have a list longer than three things.  Stop criticizing people who honestly enjoy their lives!"  Regardless of Jiminy on my shoulder I generally have felt like bucket lists are for me.

Then I read Foster and Boo's "Summer Bucket List" and felt inspired.  I'm home all summer with my girls because of school holidays, they are growing so fast, I always feel like I don't have enough time for myself and we spend so much of the winter holed-up inside that having a summer wish list seems like an awesome idea.  I'm taking Foster and Boo's lead and creating my own summer bucket list.  Not sure how well I'll do, but I'm looking forward to having fun with the challenge.  Here it goes:

Visit the library and splashpad with the girls at least once a week.
Get a haircut, brow wax manicure and pedicure.
Read at least three books, kid books don't count!
Get to the gym three times a week, 12x3=36. Yikes
Two real date nights.
Overnight beach trip.
Camping.
Share a bottle of wine, or more, with my girlfriends.
Learn a new skill or hobby.
Have a Mommy-Sophie date.
Try more than two new recipes.
Go somewhere new as a family.
See a movie at the theatre or drive-in.

Even though this school year hasn't quit ended there are only 12 weeks until the new one begins.  I better get going!  This should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you felt inspired! Good luck; I hope you have fun (all of these things sound like great fun to me)!

    ReplyDelete