"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Real Potty-pooper!

Dearest potty how I love thee!  Let me count the ways:

1)  I love how you cast a magical spell over children that makes them believe they need to be completely naked before resting their tushy on your thrown.  Removing pants, diaper, socks and often a t-shirt while trying to complete twelve other motherly duties is my honour and pleasure.

2)  I adore how you present yourself as a tool for playtime.  Let's read a book, rip toilet paper, flush the toilet and run naked all in order to fully enjoy everything you have to offer potty.

3)  Potty, I revel in your many forms!  Snapping to the toilet seat, small and compact, removable "catcher", or converting to a step stool (yes, a step stool) we have them all.  And, all the better for naked, toilet-paper-ripping, book-reading, toddler business to be done not just in the bathroom, but in the middle of the kitchen if we deem it appropriate.

4)  Did I mention the clean-up?  Such a treat!

5)  Perhaps most awe-inspiring is your ability to seduce a toddler into insisting that NOW is the time at the most inconvenient time, simply to produce NO result.  (Did I mention this is even more thrilling when the toddler INSISTS on being undressed?)

Of dear potty, I can see our future now!  It is a dreamy future filled with accidents, emergencies and mad-dash-rushes to the closest restroom, but best of all it is a bum-cream, wet-wipe and diaper free future with a smaller grocery bill to boot!  Potty, now it is your turn to show me some love.  Please be kind to me and encourage Molly to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment