"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big Girl!

With Molly's second birthday barely two months away I am blown away every day by all the new things she does.  Her little brain is just like a big sponge sucking up every new word and activity.  Tonight, her new words pulled on my heart strings when she told me in her baby accent that she is a "big girl".  There is something so sweet about your toddler being proud of themselves and identifying themselves as a big kid, but it also breaks my heart to think that my baby is RUNNING into childhood and out of babyhood.  I just hope that once she is a truly a 'big kid' that she will want and need my hugs and kisses as much as she does now.  To all the Mommies and Daddies cherish each moment of babyhood because the cliche is true - they just grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment