"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kids Say and Do the Darnedest Things.

The girls were watching Barney build a birdhouse on TV while I prepped dinner tonight when this bizarre dialogue took place:

Sophie, "What happens to fish eyes?"

Me, "Pardon?"

Sophie in a louder voice, "What happens to fish eyes?"

Me, "I heard you, but I don't understand what you are asking!"

Sophie, "You know, when we catch them?"

Me, "I don't know...."  Feeling very confused now.

Sophie, "Well, we eat the fish but what happens to its eyes?  Do we eat them too?"

Me, "Uhhhh....well....we don't, but maybe other people do.  Why?"

Sophie, "I just wanted to know."  Back to watching innocent Barney and friends making a birdhouse.

Me in my head, WHAT the heck just happened?  Fish eyes????  I'm either having a strange dream or someone slipped something in my tea earlier.  No, not likely...so she really did just ask me that.   All I can do is shake my head and wonder at her wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment