"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School.

Yesterday was my daughter's first day of Senior Kindergarten. She seemed happy to be going and only expressed the smallest amount of anxiety. Me on the the other hand? I easily went pee five times before we left for school yesterdat, didn't want to leave the school yard until I knew she was safely settled inside and literally counted down the hours until I could pick her up.

I spent the day wondering if she was making friends, did she eat all her lunch, was her teacher kind, did she remember to go to the bathroom, did she get lost, did she have playmates at recess, was she polite and were her classmates kind to her too? Of course everything was fine and she came home happy, tired and ready to go back. Phew!

Ironic how my own child's return to school brings up many of the worries I had as as kid going to school. Some things just don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment