"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Anonymity and a Little More About Us.

As most of you know or have realized I am trying my best to keep some anonymity while keeping this blog. I've been doing this for a variety of personal reasons and also to increase my own comfort level with writing on a range of topics. It is important to me to be able to be open and transparent, and having a bit of a disguise helps me do this. All that said, I'm finding blogging to be getting a little complicated because I haven't shared the names of my family members. I have decided that the easiest way to solve this problem is to use pseudonyms for my family, as I did for myself. For those of you who know me I hope it isn't too odd reading about my kids and husband with different names. For me it is very strange to be re-naming my kids and (especially) my husband, but I'm looking forward to using names instead of "my oldest", "my baby", "my five-year-old daughter" or some other descriptive for my family members.

So here it goes! The big reveal: Sophie is my oldest daughter, and almost five years old. She is in Senior Kindergarten this year, enjoys putting on dance shows and concerts, loves animals and is going trough a questioning phase right now. Sophie likes to be a big helper, is a bit of a drama queen and almost always asks permission before doing something naughty.

Molly is my "baby" and well on her way to being a year and a half old. She is learning how to run and will likely be talking before too much longer. She loves her big sister, cuddles and puppy dogs. Molly is an adventurer and known to make trouble.

JD is my terrific husband. As you've already read he works shift work and long hours which means he isn't at home as much as we would like, but when he is here he is a great dad and husband. He is always up for an adventure, loves to be physically active and hates to read. Pretty much we are polar opposites, but somehow we work anyways. We've been together since we were teenagers, married for six years and make it through most days by talking about EVERYTHING. Literally there is nothing we won't say to each other. Mean, kind, loving, brutally honest, disgusting and romantic we've said it all and we think that's the key to our success. No topic is off limits and honesty is the name of the game, add a date or two to the mix and you've got us as couple!

So there you have it. My blog-o-sphere family: Sophie, Molly, JD and Sadie. Weird, but wonderfully mine!

2 comments:

  1. Letting go of complete anonymity is always tough. I still struggle with it after two years of blogging! I chose to use pseudonyms for my boys because they are getting old enough that I didn't want their friends to somehow find them on my blog through a google search.

    It feels so good, though, doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to be able to unload everything without fearing the repercussions on some of my more sensitive relationships. I know that some will see this as cowardice or perhaps as unkind to the people in question, but I'm a blunt person who has learned to self-edit. That said, self-editing for someone like myself can become a disease that eats you alive. I need to get it all out and anonymity gives me that opportunity. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete