"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What ARE You Listening to?

Is it a sign that you are getting old(er) when you start to not only appreciate, but actually enjoy country music more than anything else on the music charts?

How about when you feel like the radio is too loud?  The bass thumping from the car behind you is annoying?  Or you have no idea who Rebecca Black is, but all the kids are talking about her?

What about when you not only can't understand the screaming lyrics, but you are extremely irritated that you can't sing along?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions then I am definitely getting old(er)!  Trying to decide if I care.  I don't think I do care because damn it I like love to sing along, especially in the car!

2 comments:

  1. Who is Rebecca Black??!!! lol.
    I'm serious though!!
    Who has time to listen to music??! In the car is the latest greatest, that my 3 year old knows more lyrics to than I do.. She loves Chris Brown,And J-LO.. I'm really loving Adele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I really don't know who she is either! Sophie who is 5 and a half tells me she loves Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson, but doesn't know any of there songs. However, she loves to sing K'Naan's "Wavin' Flag". I'm still trying to teach her to sing the Dixie Chicks! :-)

    ReplyDelete