"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Best Question in the World!

My day was made on Wednesday when an acquaintance asked if I had lost some weight.  I've been working really hard for about 8 months now, and although the results have been rather mediocre at best I'm really noticing a change in my body shape.  Of course just because I've noticed the changes it doesn't mean that other people have.  The changes have been so slow and over such a long time that those who see me every day just don't see it - frustrating for me of course.

However, a casual acquaintance asking such a little question truly made my day.  I hadn't realized how badly I needed someone else to recognize my accomplishment in order to feel like my hard work is paying off.  I instantly felt recommitted, energized and motivated.  Funny how the littlest things from the most unexpected people means the most!

Officially I've lost 12 lbs, a total of 6 inches between my chest, waist and hips, I've lost 8% body fat, and most importantly I feel great!  Slow progress with far to go, but I'm getting there day by day.  Truly enjoying doing something for myself.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to work to do it slowly and purposely. It is a good feeling when someone notices!

    ReplyDelete