"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reflecting Forward: A New Project.

Since writing about our decision to not have any more children I've been trying to think of a way to celebrate Sophie and Molly.  I don't want to scrapbook or journal.  I already record our lives here and with family photos.  The more I thought it through the more apparent it became that I don't want to record their little lives, but reflect on where they have come from.  I want to celebrate all of our memories and moments that have brought us to this day.

With this concept in mind I'm taking my inspiration for the format of this new project from other bloggers I enjoy.  Many of my favourite blogging-moms have gratitude projects or photo journals that record something memorable about each day in their life.  Instead of working forward from today I'm going to reflect on old photos that have a strong memory, represent a special moment or foreshadow important things to come.  I'm going to look back in order to appreciate, find gratitude and look forward.

I'm really looking forward to this new project and I hope you enjoy it as much as I know I am going to!

1 comment: