"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Seconds, thirds, fourths....

I often feel like Molly being the second baby didn't and still doesn't receive the full, hands-on, parenting attention that Sophie did.  Last night she went to bed with mismatched p.j.'s which is something that has NEVER happened to Sophie.  Her nails are frequently too long, she often isn't given a big at meal time, and I can't remember the last time she received something new and all her own.  Today I came across Jana's illustration at Mom Illustrated and it totally sums up how I have felt about my parenting experience to our second child.  Check it out because it is a great laugh.  Thanks for making me smile today Jana!

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this! I often feel that my daughter (my second and youngest) gets shortchanged! I think we all just do the best we can!

    ReplyDelete