"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pain to the Power of 10.

I don't know what to do with my poor, sweet Molly.  She is my lovey, cuddly, free-spirited, go get 'em kid, but not this week.  This week she is clingy.  So much so that she is following me to the bathroom, cries when I leave a room, only wants me and won't even sleep easily on her own.  Her appetite is way off, didn't even eat breakfast today.  She hasn't had a b.m. since Saturday and she even woke up dry once this week after 10 hours of sleep.  She seems tired all the time, but isn't napping well and has been up during the night too.  She is driving me crazy with all her whining, but I feel badly for her too because she clearly isn't feeling like herself.

I don't know what to think (or do).  Is it the heat, terrible-two's, separation anxiety, unusual holiday schedules, a mix of it all....   I love her to death, but my back is breaking carrying her two-years of 25 lbs around.  Poor baby girl just seems so miserable, so needy.  Poor sweet girl, please feel better soon!

All this makes me appreciate my own mom so much more.  I never realized until I had my own children how a child's hurt is felt in magnification by their parents.  It hurts me to my core that she is miserable, sad even.  I feel sad too that my mom probably felt my aches as pains, my hurts as wounds, and my sad as heartbreak.  As an adult child I realize it is now my job to share all my joys with her so that she can feel the thrills as strongly as she probably felt the hurts.  Cheers to Moms!

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel - my son has been quite unlike himself lately too... I do think it is a combination of things - no real cure - just lots of love:) Hope she's feeling better soon,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well now at your end. Lots of hugs!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janie! Molly is more like herself, but we are certainly in the throws of being TWO!

    ReplyDelete