"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tired.

I'm struggling to keep it together these days.  I love summer vacation and the sunshine, but we've been so busy that I'm feeling ragged.  The house is a mess, the finances are a catastrophe, the kids are wild and I am  tired!

I realized this week that I'm not just busy tired either.   I'm tired like pulling an all-nighter, tired like pregnancy tired, tired like I NEED a nap in the afternoon....tired like it is 7:45 right now and I'm typing this in bed with every intention of going to sleep immediately after posting.  Tired.  I'm tired right to my core, right down to my soul.

I know you are now asking why?  Why are you soul-tired?  Honestly, a little bit of this and that has led to pure exhaustion.  Maybe I need a little iron pick-me-up, maybe I'm not getting enough sleep or maybe I'm just feeling a little stressed.  One thing I do know for sure is that I'm feeling a little defeated and a lot unmotivated. I'm thinking that it is time to shake things up around here.  Less talk more action is the name of the game.  (Stay tuned for details.)

In the mean time some sleep....and read this please....this is where I am AGAIN.  Will I never learn?

P.S.  I didn't meet the 10 lbs goal by my birthday.  Plus I had my 31st birthday this June and I'm only 6 lbs lighter than I was then, in 2010.  See my problem?  Stuck, stuck in a rut....good night....now insert snoring sound here.


10 comments:

  1. Oh, how refreshing to read this post right now!! This is EXACTLY how I'm feeling these days..
    It's not fun!! Let me know if and when you find a solution!!
    I'm thinking about a quick visit with the doc to get the iron levels checked out as well.. Something needs to give!!
    Get some rest girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. You've got the funk, my friend. I had it a few weeks ago. It WILL get better. And it sounds like you've got some ideas in the works to get you back on track. I'm curious to see what they are!

    Gina from vB
    www.totallyfullofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll feel better and refreshed after a good night's sleep.
    That revolving door feeling is all too familiar! Now get yourself out of that "door" and just keep going! *virtual hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, coming here from VB

    Sound like you had a stressful week. Well, weeknd is just around the corner. Hope you can relax then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending some hugs your way, Sadie... I know how it feels to be in a rut.
    Thinking of you,
    Kristina

    (Visiting from vB)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... Been there! Take a little time to remember how much God loves you and gives you grace and strength. He's right there when we reach out to him.
    Love,
    Lisa
    Visiting from voiceBoks! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. AS I read this post I felt as if I had written it myself! And the March 2010 post about the Revolving Door, I could have written it myself last year too! Even though it is not a nice place to be, I am glad to realize that I'm not alone, and I want you to know that it is possible to get out of the funk, I used to be a worrier, now not so much, but I'm still very much standing still. When I'm not sure what to do, I tend to do nothing. But I have also found that it is great to write down goals, and maybe even make a Vision Collage of all the things you desire, maybe it will give you the inspiration you need to step out of the comfort zOne and take some action toward your goals.

    Visiting from Voiceboks, love your Blog.
    You can visit me at cocoons2butterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Stuck in a rut is exactly it. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are getting in a little rest over this weekend. New GFC follower stopping by from VB. Please visit me at http://aboutamom.com when you get a chance. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm sorry to hear this. I do hope you are feeling happy again soon. Meanwhile here is a HUG!

    ReplyDelete