"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Homemade is better.

Its been weeks since the girls and I took on a crafty project, but yesterday Sophie and I started talking about making cards for JD's birthday.  She decided, completely on her own, that she wanted her card to say I love you from my toes to my nose.  Before I knew the ides were flowing and we ended up with some really cute homemade cards.

First, we took a load of pictures (because moving targets are hard to catch).  Here is a sample...




Then with scrap booking paper, a paper cutter and some glue we made these.....

The outside of Sophie's card.


The inside of Sophie's card.

I love you to the bottom of my heart!

Happy Birthday!
...and yes, we wrote on Molly's bare torso.  She loves to be naked all of the time and where else would a love message come from but your heart - it all seemed fitting.

JD is very anti-greeting card.  He thinks they are a waste of money, a cash grab,  a holiday marketing ploy and all that stuff.  I'm sure he is going to think these homemade cards are better.  Isn't it true though?  I can think of very few things that aren't better when they are homemade.  Now, what can we make next?

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I may have to steal that idea for my hubbys bday in a couple of weeks!!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete