"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Busy!

Things have been wild busy and September hasn't even arrived yet.  Here's what has been going on.....cottage trips, Saturday market, the gym, birthdays, back-to-school shopping, potty training (unsuccessfully), library, splash pad, playground, applying for jobs, job interviews (YEAH!), training for a new volunteer opportunity, sleepovers,  BBQs, cake making, gift shopping, clothing sort, and on and on it goes!

Blogging has fallen to the bottom of the priority list, but I sure have lots to get off my chest.  As much as I enjoy summer, time off work and time with the girls I am actually really glad that school starts next week.  I am looking forward to having a schedule again - everything is easier when we all have a schedule.   The girls will be happy to see friends, JD we get back on a regular sleep pattern, I'll make it to the gym again...everything will just be more settled.  Strange how a busy schedule seems more manageable than an open, do anything day!

In other news, I am having my third job interview today for a temporary teaching position for the upcoming school year.  I am really excited and hoping that one of these positions works out.  I am also a little nervous it has been almost six years, seven if you include maternity leave,  since I worked full-time.  The idea of JD and I both being out of the house full-time makes my heart start to race and my head swim.  I can't imagine managing the girls, the house and full-time work.  I'm also really apprehensive about being 100% responsible for 20 plus little minds.  I love teaching and want to have my own classroom someday, but I would love to take baby-steps.  Maybe work part-time to start or share a class with a veteran teacher.  I'm getting ahead of myself though...still need to get the actual job offer.  Keeping my fingers...and toes...crossed!

So, that is August in a nutshell.  Looking forward to September, and hopefully a little more blogging.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Fingers are crossed for you girl!!
    I've been tossing around the idea of getting back into the "real world" as well,, but I get heart palpitations at the very thought of it..
    How does one make it work..
    You'll do great...
    Once you lose your fear and jump in head first,, you'll be amazed at how great it is!!
    My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some good news! Good luck :) I never realized how early kids start school in GA. This is the fourth week back here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not So Silent Mommy - Going back to work part-time has been worth the added chaos. It makes me feel like I have life and the adult time is much needed. It gets easier as the girls get older and I always remind myself that just over 2 years Molly will be in school full-time....and I need to be doing something with/for myself.

    S - School in Ontario generally starts the day after labour day and goes through to the end of June. Lots of areas base the school year around climate - it doesn't get really hot around here until the end of June and August is usually the nicest month of all. Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete