"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kids Say and Do the Darnedest Things.

This is an oldy, but someone reminded me of it lately and I thought I'd share.

Last summer my oldest daughter attended summer day camp for the first time. One day while driving home after camp we had a very disturbing conversation:

Me: What did you do at camp today?

Her: I got see a really big cock!

Me: Pardon?

Her: There was a man with a big cock.

Me: What do you mean?

Her: You know, Mom! A big cock. It was really cool.

At this point I was so confused that I decided to leave the topic and ask again later. Once we were at home and I could sit talking to her I asked a few more questions.

Me: So, there was a special guest at camp today?

Her: Yeah, I already told you that he had a cock.

Me: What did it look like?

Her: It was big and brown.

Me: Did he have anything else?

Her: He had an owl too. He told us that he got them because they hurt their wings in the wild and now he takes care of them.

Me: So he had an owl and hawk? (Hoping I was right!)

Her: (With a frustrated look and voice.) Mom, that's what I said. He brought an owl and a cock!

Thank goodness she can know say hawk! Now if I can only make her realize that the hill isn't STEVE, it is STEEP.

1 comment: