"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Beer Bubble Bath: A New Trend Among Mommies!

After a great, but tiring weekend away I was in desperate need of some quiet time last night. The girls were sound asleep and my husband wasn't home from his weekend adventure yet, so I began to ponder all the possibilities.

Not long after that I found myself soaking in a hot bubble bath with one of my husband's bottles of beer open in one hand and a bag of chips propped just right against the outside of the tub for my other hand to reach into. For one split second it crossed my mind that it was probably really weird to be drinking beer and eating chips in the bathtub, but somehow it seemed like pure luxury and total self-indulgence. My beer-bath was followed by a fresh set of jammies, cuddling up in bed, and reading in pure silence until I fell asleep. Perfect from beginning to start! (Well, wine and a back rub in the tub would have made it better but with no wine or husband in the house I had to improvise.)

So simple, yet so necessary. I woke this morning feeling energized and ready to go. The irony is that my girls are spending their first full day at the babysitter's house today so they won't benefit from my rejuvenation. But, my husband is home for most of the day before heading to work which means we might actually be able to have a lunch date where neither of us feels the need to head home early for a nap! I'm telling you every Mommy and Daddy should find a way to carve out one hour every day for pure self-indulgence. Totally worth it, mind you I might skip the beer and chips next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment