"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tooth Fairy, Part 2.

The Tooth Fairy took the the tooth and left a toonie (a $2 Canadian coin), instead of the oh so desired My Little Pony.

To this Sophie said, "Is this enough money to buy something?"

The response, "Nope, but by the time all your teeth fall out you will have enough to buy something."

Sophie, "How long will that take?"

Postscript: The classmate who received the My Little Pony 'earned' said gift after having her first baby tooth surgically removed. How do you explain that one to a not-quite six-year-old! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loosing of the tooth!! I always handle questions like why did so and so get this when I got that by explaining that we had a talk with the tooth fairy, Santa, the Easter Bunny and explained out vaules and what we belived the right gifts for these occasions and that each family is different and that's okay. This has worked for the most part! But, I'm sure it will be one more thing my kids will tell there therapist one day!! Lol!! So nice to read your posts!!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better Mama than I! I actually opted for the little white lie. As Sophie continued to ask over the last few days I told her I would email the Tooth Fairy and find out. Then I showed her an email a little while later and told her that the Tooth Fairy said she left her money instead because she know My Little Pony isn't her favourite and all she has is My Little Pony, Hot Wheels and money. She decided that Sophie would like the money best because then she could be a treat she really loved like Barbie or Littlest Pet Shop. Maybe not very pc, but it worked. Sophie was excited at the thought of picking her own toy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever thinking Mama! I am taking down notes for my future encounter with the toot fairy =)

    ReplyDelete