"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Whirlwind!

Life has been a true whirlwind lately!  Lunch packing, clothes picking, laundry washing, house cleaning, lesson planning, book retrieving, home working doing chaos!  We are all settling into our new routine, but we certainly are tired.

Beyond the chaos, stress and a feeling incredibly overwhelmed I am loving our new schedule this fall.  Working half-time is amazing!  I have never really understood the phenomenon of being a stay at home mom with a full-time nanny, but I sort of (sort of!) get it now.  Sophie is at school full-time, Molly is at the sitter's full-time and I work half-time.  That leaves me time by myself almost every day to get something done.  I can do laundry without being followed around, I can buy groceries without listening to kids have fits, and I can go the gym without trying to figure out feeling guilty that I'm "taking too long".  I can even get extra lesson planning done during the day which leaves my evenings free for baths, stories, homework, etc.  This isn't to say that we aren't busy, but I feel like I actually have more time working half-time than I did being home with the girls full-time all summer.  We will see how the wallet feels after a few weeks of paying the babysitter, but so far I feel like this new schedule is really going to work well for us.

I'm feeling positive, energized and enthusiastic for the first time in a long time.  I can't wait to see how this fall unfolds, and as much as I hope the teacher I'm covering for recovers from her illness I'm secretly hoping she stays on leave all year and not just until Christmas.  (This is the one downside of being a supply teacher or earning a temporary position it usually means you are depending on some else's misfortune.  Makes you feel a little guilty.)  Maybe the stars are finally aligning and things are getting on track for our family!

3 comments:

  1. Time by yourself to get things done is so important! I wish I had more opportunities for this...expecially when I feel the floor getting more and more sticky. Lol. I have to admit...sometimes I work from home and have a sitter just for those moments. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just getting all caught up on my favourite blogs tonight!! Good for you!!! Oh what I would do to be in your situation tonight..lol..
    Congrats on being in such a great place right now. It must feel great, and I'm sure it really shows with the whole family..
    Good luck with your teaching!! :)

    ReplyDelete