"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cinderella Sunday.

It is the best, most beautiful day of the spring so far and I've had a 'Cinderella Sunday'.  Laundry, make a meal, dishes, more laundry, more meals, more laundry, dishes AGAIN!  Clean the car, clean the closet, pack up winter clothes, change a diaper, change another diaper, another meal!  Whaaattttt?  WHY are you SO hungry?  Two lunches is not the norm!  Productive, but I'm still waiting for my turn to go to the ball.  Trouble is I'm too tired to go to the ball, and it isn't even bedtime yet.  Do you ever have Cinderella days that feel like all you do is clean, feed, and repeat?  I might ask my children to call me Cinderella instead of Mom.  At least I'll feel princess-like as I clean, feed, and repeat.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I've had the same day! Although, honestly, I have one of these days every day! I love the idea of being called Cinderalla! Can you imagine people's faces when they hear your children call you Cinderella??! Priceless!! I might just have to share this post on my blog at some point this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many days like that. Where do they put all of that food? Hope you got to relax eventually. Sometimes a nice bath and a glass of wine is way better than a ball anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warm bubble bath turned out to be just the thing, but the whole time I was in the tub all I could hear in my head was little French mice singing. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly! Make the fire! Do the dishes! Cinderelly...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely relate:) I'm so hoping I get to go to a ball one day!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kristina
    (Found your blog through Not-so-silent-mommy)

    ReplyDelete