"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Monday, May 24, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...

...ice cream! Bring on the beautiful weather, tank tops, shorts and ice cream! What? Ice cream?

Yes, one of my biggest weaknesses is a walk in the park with an ice cream cone in hand. The weather has been lovely and old habits die hard. So, I find myself not only up the the 2 lbs I had lost, but another 2 lbs on top of that. It doesn't look like I will make my 10 lb birthday goal which is admittedly embarrassing since I put it out there for the world to read. However, lessons learned and try, try again....I guess. Trying not to let my own failings get me down. Putting on shorts and a tank top has been a huge motivator, and I have been walking a bit this week so I am slowly adding exercise back into my routine. Time to revise the goal - down any amount of weight by my birthday and hopefully hit the 10 lb mark by the end of July. Only time and my own willpower/motivation will tell. Another challenge is trying to figure out how to include child friendly exercise time in my life without paying for a sitter. Hmmm????

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of what you're doing. Half the battle really is letting go of the failures of the past and looking ahead to tackle those problems again. what about investing in a jogging stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jogging stroller would be nice, but budget might be a deal breaker. Maybe I can find one used. Hmmm...you've got my brain working!

    ReplyDelete