"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Year of 'The Apocalypse'.

I'm not one for new year's resolutions. I guess I just figure when you need to make a change is the right time and January 1st isn't always that time. So, new year's resolutions aside here are two interesting ideas:

1) If this year is the apocalypse year, the year that the world ends, how would you want to be described? (I know if the world ends there will be no one here to describe you or your life, but play along.) What have you done? Accomplished? What mark have you left? What kind of a person are/were you?

2) If this is the year to end all life, how would you live your life? Would you go on like normal? Would you party-it-up? What would you do differently or the same?

Last challenge, can you answer these puzzlers in a sentence? Yep, just one sentence each. I'll do it if you will. Let the thinking beginning!

P.S. I do NOT believe in 'The Apocalypse", but I like the idea of reflecting on life from a different, albeit morbid, angle.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to be remembered as a mom who learned the most important lessons in life by raising her children.

    Last year or not, I plan to have more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to the punch! I totally agree about learning from our kids. I've learned more as a mom than in any other role.

    Fun....gotta find me some of that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete