"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Apocalypse: Me at Thirty-one.

Remember the challenge? Answer this question in just one sentence: if this year is the apocalypse year, the year that the world ends, how would you want to be described? (I know if the world ends there will be no one here to describe you or your life, but play along.) What have you done? Accomplished? What mark have you left? What kind of a person are/were you?


My answer: "Neither bad nor good at mothering, teaching or being a wife; Sadie leaves little mark on this world, but she tried to care for others first and loved her family with all her heart."

(Okay, I'm not a one sentence kind of a person so here is the rest.)

For every day that I have a success, I have a failure. For every day that I'm an awesome mom, I make a world-enveloping mistake. For every day I love others too much, I don't love myself enough. Whether any of this is good or bad I don't know, and I'm not sure I care because regardless of my errors, my flaws and even my triumphs I'm trying. I try to be a good mom, a good wife, a good friend, a good teacher, I try to be good and do good when wearing all my different hats. And, I honestly think that is all anyone can do. Do your best, be your best and always hope for the best. One day I may actually be the best I can be, and until then I'll just keep trying. What's that expression? An 'A' for effort. For me effort triumphs success and failure. I hope that those around me know that I'm always trying, striving, putting in effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment