"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Current Score: Molly 3 and Mommy & Daddy 2

Game 1:  Molly is put to bed on Tuesday night in cozy fleeces jammies with a zipper all the way down the front.  Wednesday morning brings a snow storm and an opportunity to sleep in, but of course Molly is awake at 6:40 am.  I choose to ignore her until about 7:10 which was a HUGE mistake.  I discover Molly completely naked!  Jammies off, diaper in a heap and all the bedding wet with pee.  Strip the bed, bath the toddler and feeling thankfully I'm not rushing to work this morning.  Good morning to me!  Score - Molly 1, Me 0

Game 2:  Molly is put to bed on Wednesday night in jammies with snaps down the front, more challenging than a zipper I hope.  Thursday morning Molly wakes fully dressed and I think I have scored a point.  Within minutes of being dressed and seconds of arriving in the kitchen for breakfast Molly has a b.m.  Straight up her back and out the top of the diaper.  Back upstairs we go to change all of her clothes.  Did I mention I had put her in a long-sleeve onesie?  Something I rarely do, but it was extra cold outside.  Poop up the back in a onesie is always extra disgusting!  Who has time for this in the morning?  Score - Molly 2, Me 0

Game 3:  Molly is put to bed on Thursday night in the same snap-up jammies since they worked so well the night before.  Friday morning Molly I discover Molly with her jammies completely open and diaper open on wide side and pushed far down her other leg.  Yuck, again!  Now seriously wondering if the zoo takes donations of young children?  Score - Molly 3, Me 0

Game 4:  Daddy puts Molly to bed tonight.  Lucky lady is looking unusually fashionable with an undershirt that only has snaps in the crotch and is on OVER her snap-up jammies.  Daddy was so fearful that of a naked toddler in the morning that he didn't care what she looked like.  Thankfully, Molly wakes Saturday morning fully dressed.  Score - Molly 3, Me & Daddy 1

Game 5:  Molly is put to bed with the undershirt UNDER her jammies this evening, and wakes Sunday morning fully dressed!  Woohoo, we might just turn this thing around! 
Score - Molly 3, Me & Daddy 2

With two more games left in the series, who will win this weeks battle?  It sure better be Daddy and I  because I've already entered the phone number for the closest zoo in my speed dial and carefully thought out what items to pack in Molly's suitcase.  We love her dearly, but clothes and diapers are non-negotiable!

No comments:

Post a Comment