"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Missing Moments and Appreciation

....having a moment to write.  Life has ramped up about 20 notches (or least it feels like it) and I haven't had a chance to write in ages.  Like so many other things I have started to take for granted how important blogging has become to me.  With any luck I'll have a chance to write a nice long post before the week is out, but in case I don't I want to record the small things that made me pause this week.

Coming home to lite Christmas lights.

Molly ONLY wanting to cuddle me today and yesterday too!

A true and genuine smile from a third grader.

Hearing all about Hanukkah from a young boy - lovely.

JD cuddling up even though I'm coughing and my nose is a faucet.

Black bean soup, yummy!

Being able to do 30 stationary lunges and having lost 2 whole entire inches off my hips.

Sophie enjoying her first birthday party - without a parent.  What a big kid?!?!

Making a spelling error that 20 kids point out!

Thinking about wrapping gifts, can't wait!

Light snow in the crisp air.

The thick and cozy comforter on my bed, especially when I know it is below zero degrees Celsius outside.

Grateful for being reminded (inadvertently) by a dear friend to appreciate the small things!  So much to show appreciation for!  We should all do it a little more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment