"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Big Sigh.

This has been one of those long stretches with lots of unusual events keeping us extra busy. So busy that I haven't had a single non-mommy moment in ages, including blogging, or at least it feels that way. Camping, visits with friends, cottage trips, splash pads, hiding from the heat, shopping, packing for another trip and all the regular every day stuff too. Add to that two weeks of single parenthood because of the afternoon shift and I am feeling TIRED!

With all that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I've carved out a little time for myself tomorrow after. No children, no hubby, iced coffee, manicure, pedicure and at least an hour and a half of pure indulgence. This is how I know life is too busy and the scales are tipping in favour of chaos - an hour and half of peace sounds like bliss! It is a sad state of affairs when spending a whole day curled up with a good book is just a fond memory. Big sigh. Maybe life will return to a more regular pace in a few weeks and I'll be able to crack the spine of good book and read it cover to cover in one interrupted session...or at least until a little person knocks on the door wanting some cuddles!

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to carve out an afternoon like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was well worth it and I would encourage every parent I know to block out some personal time. If I could I would do it once a week! The salon trip turned out to take a lovely two hours, and I assured the esthetician that I was in no hurry to get home. ;-)

    ReplyDelete