"The Tightrope Walker"

"The Tightrope Walker" by Jean-Louis Forain

Friday, May 18, 2012

Fell Off the Tightrope!

I admit it, I fell.  Not a quick, short fall, but a long, slow, through a hole in the Earth kind of a fall.  I've barely blogged in the last 10 to 12 months, which is a good (but bad) reflection of the how much balance there has been in my life this year.

The good news is that I've been busy teaching.  I've learned so much since September, my confidence as a teacher is growing all the time and I feel like this job is the most rewarding thing I've ever done.  (Outside of being a mom of course!)

The bad news is that I'm tired!  Too tired to find time for me or force the issue with JD.  I know he would help me find the time in the day, but I don't have the mental energy to navigate the schedule.

So what to do?   Count the days.  That's right count the days until school ends, then sleep for at least 24 hours straight and then climb the ladder back up to the tightrope platform.  Try, try again!

27...that is the magic number....27 instructional days left until summer vacation.  I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment